Youth vocational project seeks to transform employment prospects of the beneficiaries through skills training specifically tailored to their needs. It is also intends to enhance their chances of employability and income generation by empowering them with skills of high market demand. The training have been conducted at Candlelight Youth Development Center in Hargeisa which provides theoretical, practical and on job training for the male trainees who will be exposed to a real life working environment in their related areas.
120 trainees have been training on Mechanic, Plumping, Electricity, Masonry, Carpentry, Beautification, Tailoring and Driving which supported by Islamic Relief World Wide. The trainings duration were different from one to three months, in generally the trainings started from May to August 2017.
Benefits of Youth Trainings:
- Employment opportunities and social self-steam
- Improving of live hoods of their families
- Practical experience and building working relationship with community
- Community will gain economic benefit when youths are trained and employed
- Project beneficiaries will motivate the other youth
- Contributing reduction of chat chewing and illegal immigration
- Increase trainees confidence and their social status
Candlelight purchased training tools and safety materials for the trainees of masonry, plumping, electrician, carpentry, and mechanics. The trainees familiarized themselves with the use of different tools. It also safeguards the trainees against accidents during practical activities. The other importance of tools and safety materials is to increases their chance of being accepted by offered on job training.