Candlelight is one of NGOs who is involved food security project in Magallo cad and Magalo Qaloc villages, Borama District Awdal region, The local communities in these village are pure farmers who produce variety of crops for their family dietary as well as selling extra crops. The major crops normally produce include, Maize, Sorghum, Caw pea, Taff, And fruit and vegetable crops are Watermelon, Tomato and Onion.
Candlelight is involved a project on food security resilience in a targeted project. So, this project seeks to reduce vulnerability to climate change by supporting the communities training based on climate change adaptation.
- To increase community knowledge on climate change and its mitigation
- To train local community how to manage climate hazard in their locality
- To Map local climatic hazards and assess their risk.
- Clarify the area under consideration in the group discussion.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the natural and physical features of the local context.
- Help communities identify the critical hazard types and their impacts